Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Thursday, November 18, 2010

#14 I want to try my hand at acting

There is a surprising amount of theater involved in my line of work. I'm in design consulting which means I deal with many existing and potential clients. That means I have to turn on the charm to woo them or calm them when they're angry or convince them all is great when behind the scenes the place is going to hell. Smoke and mirrors are a key part of my arsenal. Well, I would like to see how those skills apply in actual acting of some kind. I have some friends who are film-makers and I have often been told I should try it. Of course that was when I was younger and better looking. Now though I have the experience and sophistication, oh, and cynicism, that only come with my older age. So, where does one start? Theater? Stand up? Homemade iPhone Youtube movie?

I don't know about fancy movie terms, acting skills, directors or obscure foreign cinema. But I do know this. I should be an actor. It's my calling. Today anyway.

1 comment: