Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#29 Clear Galoshes

Need I say more. You can feel this before I even go into detail, right? So, It has been rainy in this lonely part of the midwest which I'm not fond of as it cramps both my style and does little for my warm, Mediterranean blood. Side note, I also have many really nice pairs of shoes which are forced to hibernate through the winter. I guess I dont have that many actually, but the ones I do have are so nice they should count double. Nonetheless, this winter has been right shit, with snow, rain, ice, and several slushy combinations of said percipitants. Due to that, I wear boots mostly, which is totally cool since I am a boot guy, whatever that means. But the other day, as I was walking to a meeting in the rain with my big, black, rubber boots on (while wishing I was wearing some sweet, brown, Pradas), a stroke of genius came upon me. It happened as an old man walked past me wearing black, rubber galoshes, and since I was huddling under my umbrella, I was focused at the ground and was totally struck by what I saw. I studied them, their color, their weird fit, yet also their practicality. And then it dawned on me. What if they were made of clear vinyl? What if they were even a bit taller, like a short boot? And clear, so you can see the shoe! You sacrifice little of the look, while gaining all of the practicality! The designer in me might want to frost the lower portion to hide and schmutz that may dirty up the inside where the sole sits, but that isn't important. We're just brainstorming here. But I believe we've hit gold with this idea, or at least silver. Which brings me to my next whim....

1 comment: