Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Monday, January 31, 2011

#28 Giraffic Park (TM)

I was in Greece over the summer visiting family and emptying my brain of all things stressful. During my 10 days away, a close friend (Michael) of mine came for a visit, which was awesome. On one of the days, he and I borrowed my cousin's car and proceeded to drive around the island, one point getting lost. Mind you, this is easy to do on an island composed largely of dirt roads. Anyway, during one point of our being lost we found ourselves in this large sort of arid valley with mountains all around and the ocean in the background and it really felt like we were back in time with no other lifeforms around. This is beginning to sound like the beginning of Brokeback Mountain 2, so I better get to my whim here. So, as we were lost, Michael and I had a strike of creative brilliance and we decided we should start a nature preserve that could become both a tourist attraction and in the process have us heralded as benefactors to the island. This is when my own creativity kicked into overdrive and I shouted out "Giraffic Park!". Startled, he looked at me like WTF? So I said it again. "Giraffic Park!" I went on..."It would be called Giraffic Park and it would be a Giraffe preserve specifically. Giraffes are awesome, they're tall, they fit the aesthetics of the environment, they are just exotic enough to be a draw yet theoretically easy(ish) to procure with Greece's proximity to both Africa and the Middle East." Silence.....Yeah, not sure Michael was feeling the Giraffic Park thing or not, but I cant stop thinking about it. This one is like once in a lifetime good. Seriously though, where does one buy a Giraffe?

No comments:

Post a Comment