Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Thursday, February 10, 2011

#33 Asset Management System

In my industry Asset Management usually relates to important stuff, like documenting each component and generated piece of data during the product development process. Basically sort of a library of stuff like CAD files, images, patents, etc. How does this apply to me you ask? Well, I think a system like this could be really helpful for my own asset management, specifically all my coats and jackets. It would be an Outerwear Asset Management System.

It's well documented that I have an inexplicable obsession with outerwear. I literally just bought 2 more coats over the last week. There must be a 12 step program for this problem somewhere and if not, perhaps starting one could be whim #34? Anyway, aside from having enough jackets and coats to necessitate a cataloging system, I could see this helping not only me, but if done correctly, by incorporating some extra data, could be pretty awesome for lots of people. At it's simplest, this system would have obvious filters like color, type and size, but then you could have things like length, material weight, and temperature rating. We could build in details like number of pockets, whether it fits over a suit, is good for travel, water resistant and it's age. This would likely start as a spreadsheet of some kind but I envision this becoming part of a digital "valet" kind of app or something where one would document their entire wardrobe then use this is a dressing tool. Sort of like Garanimals for adults. Maybe it works like this: I wake up, it's cold out, I have a meeting, it may rain later and my feet hurt from playing soccer the day before. What do I wear? [ENTER] And magically computer gives you options! You might even be able to have a mood or color filter to help you fine tune even more. Crap, this is sweet. I need a programmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment