Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Saturday, February 5, 2011

#31 - Blog Idea #5: Self Help Analogies

I know, I know. Another blog to distract me is all I need, right? But this one could, or should I say will, be awesome. And it's different than my usual blog ideas as it means to help. I mean it has the same underlying intent of entertaining and educating through prose, but thematically it's more socially oriented, a la Chicken Soup for the Soul or something. It's called the Analogy Advice Blog. Sounds straight forward right? It is. The premise is that people would email me not unlike a call in show, like say Love Line, and they would air their problems to me. Problems which they have no good way of making sense of or explaining to anyone. That's where I come in. I've been told I have a sort of gift in the art of analogy. I can take almost any scenario and play it back in ways that make sense, allowing chaos to coalesce and drive enlightenment by connecting seemingly obvious dots. Like, I can take marketers and designers and turn them into cats and dogs to make a point. I can use sports, weather, history, pop culture, you name it, and draw a parallel between reality and clarity. A wise man once said (I think it was in an Indiana Jones movie come to think of it) "May he who illuminated this, illuminate me", or something like that. See, I want to be the "he" in that. Got an issue? Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment