Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

#25 - Manly Leg Warmers

Before you turn up your nose at my idea, hear me out. I got an awesome scarf last week from a friend in NYC and I love it's chunky knit. As I was thinking about it's chunky knit (which I have come to learn is called a "pearl" knit) my mind drifted towards outerwear possibilities. It's really chunky and warm so why limit it's use just to scarves. A knit this grand needs more opportunities to shine. I also like zippers a lot. Big, chunky zippers and was thinking about how one could combine the two. On top of that, I am also into military attire, and specifically WW1 era uniforms, as (and I know this sounds absurd) they seem to have been more tailored than later war uniforms. I'm digressing a bit, but this is where I bring it home. Imagine if you will, an outfit that had a heavy military jacket about butt length, a pair of kind of beat up jeans and some sweet boots. Now add to that what I will call an outersock on the lower legs. These outersocks would be in this chunky knit and would have big ole zippers going down the sides. Are you with me? Brand it G-Star or something like that and it is instantly totally butch and totally on brand. See, I bet you were thinking Flashdance. Nope. Way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment