Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Monday, December 6, 2010

#21 I need to hire an assistant.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I really need an assistant. Think like the little blonde kid that accompanied Max Fischer in Rushmore. For the record, Rushmore is pretty much my favorite movie, I feel a kinship to Max Fischer and I think that Jason Schwarzman would not only fit my "celebrity friend" criteria, but he would also be the perfect lead to play the protagonist in one of my movie ideas. That is all neither here nor there. This is about the assistant that I need that I don't have. The only problem with that is since this assistant is actually just a personal assistant, I probably can't really afford to pay them. I may be able to cobble up something nominal and there would be the perk of hanging out with an eccentric Gen Xer design guy, but that's about it. Sound appealing? Oh, there's more!

The job description sort of reads like this:

Gen Xer design VP seeking a personal assistant to help with (but not limited to) a variety of tasks for approximately 10 hours a week. Activities include taking dictation for his frequent ideas. Dropping off and picking up dry cleaning, shoe repairs, and tailoring. Will also assist in running general errands, making phone calls, reservations, etc. Applicants must have a car, be able to drive a manual transmission, have decent style (though one of the perks is free fashion advice), be personable, exhibit good writing and grammar skills, have good manners and must definitely be comfortable hearing/talking about absolutely anything. While this position doesn't pay much, or anything really, the selected individual will gain valuable exposure to design, brand strategy and eccentricity. Subservient, visionary self starters only need apply.

Sounds awesome right? No?

1 comment:

  1. Typo: Line 8 "cant"

    Shit...did I just inadvertently apply for this job?

    ReplyDelete