Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Thursday, October 28, 2010

#3 I will start relying more on my sense of smell when judging things.

I think we can all agree that humans have a strong sense of smell and use it primary for obvious things, like avoiding smelly people or being drawn to the aroma of flowers or whatever. By and large though, our sense of smell I would say is just simply under utilized. In fact, smell is so powerful, it could make a powerful judging tool. I should be more specific when I qualify so broadly, but I mean this really in the context of eating, and even more specifically in the context of eating at smelly restaurants. Here's the thing, you see, I like to eat. I like good food and ambiance and all that goes with creating a fulfilling dining experience. And I'm not a snooty foodie by any means either. I love food cart food as much as Michelin star joints, and in fact, if I really think about it, I would say I know more about what I don't want in dining than what I do. So, with that, after eating at a stinky restaurant today, I have decided to no longer do such thing again.

Look, I spend A LOT of money on my clothes. I like their natural smell. I also like food and it's smell. What I don't like is when the food's smell gets stuck on my clothes and I smell like say a fucking gyro for hours after I eat one! That is totally not cool. Ventilation exists for a reason, as does Febreze. But since I will not use Febreze on $300 jeans, then open some windows at your stinky restaurant or I'm not coming back. Yes you, crepe place, gyro joint and fried fish bar. Good day sir! I declare on this global platform, for you and me, smelly restaurants, I'm afraid it's over.

1 comment:

  1. Well said...and there are some typos here too...I'm starting to feel less motivated to point them out..."dont" showed up again.

    ReplyDelete