Creative Bitter Awesome Sparkly



................................................................Creative Awesome Sparkly Bitter ......................................................


Monday, June 27, 2011

#40 McCocktails

On weekend mornings I must admit, I enjoy having spiked beverages to start my day. Whether a coffee with Kahlua or Whiskey, a Mimosa or the occasional Bloody Mary (though Mimosas are definitely my fave), I find that it makes the weekend feel more vacation-like. I also spend many weekend mornings watching soccer, which includes a drive through McDonald's to pick up breakfast (usually a sausage egg mcmuffin) which I then take to my local pub, specifically Hap's Irish Pub to watch my soccer, specifically my beloved Liverpool. When I get to Hap's I order Guinness (I call it my breakfast beer) and you might be surprised to know how swimmingly it pairs with an egg mcmuffin. Like Ronald and Grimace concocted that themselves. Well, one recent morning as I was enjoying my egg mcmuffin though craving a mimosa (which Hap's rarely makes) I was stricken by a bolt of genius. I think McDonald's really need to have liquor licenses. More importantly, McDonald's needs liquor licenses to make my dream beverages (which I imagine would go over quite well). Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the McMosa and the Bloody McMary! Oh yeah. See, McCafe needs a beverage counterpart, and I think McCocktails are where it's at.

1 comment: